Why Your Social Media Isn’t Producing

Why Your Social Media Isn’t Producing

If you are struggling to leverage social media for your brand or business, you’re not alone. Many brands and businesses face similar challenges. To help figure out why your social media isn’t producing, start by evaluating these five potential factors. 

 

Your content is too sales-y

There’s nothing wrong with presenting a call to action in your social media posts, but you shouldn’t be doing it every single time. Nobody wants to be beaten over the head with a sales pitch every time they open Facebook or Instagram. Use this 80/20 rule when you’re planning your social content: 80% of your posts should tell a story and 20% of your posts should give a call to action. 

Imagine how much more engaged and invested your potential clients could be if they felt connected to you and your brand. You can do this by investing heavily in the storytelling side of your content! For example, let’s pretend you own a candle business. A portion of the storytelling side of your content could tell a story about each of your scents and the way that the consumer will feel when they burn it. Will it bring back memories of Christmas at Grandma’s house? Or make them feel like they’re enjoying the salty air at the beach? 

People come on social media to engage, be uplifted, and entertained. If you are providing entertainment or education in that 80% of your content, then when you present your audience with a call to action in the other 20%, it will be so much more effective!

 

Your content lacks quality 

If your content is lacking quality, this could be a huge reason you aren’t seeing conversions from your social media! Every piece of content you post should either inspire, engage, or educate the consumer. If you use these three things to build out your content and choose quality over quantity, you have a recipe for success.

 

You aren’t being consistent

Consistency really is key! It’s not uncommon for brands and businesses to post 3-4 times a week and then go dormant. However, the algorithm hates this! If you allow your page to “go dark”, you may find yourself in a “hole” you have to dig yourself out of. One way to prevent this is by batching your content (or hiring an agency to do this for you) and scheduling your content ahead of time! 

This goes for post engagement as well. If you make one post that performs well and then you post something that completely flops, you may see an impact in your social metrics. Be sure to carve out time to reply to those that engage on your posts in a timely manner! 

 

You’re on the wrong platform

It’s so important to know what types of people are most engaged on each social platform. If you don’t, you may wind up fishing in the wrong pond! The last thing you want is to be heavily investing time, energy, and money in a place where your target client isn’t even at. Here’s a quick breakdown of the most engaged groups on these social platforms. 

Facebook: Facebook has a heavy audience of Boomers and Gen-X.

Instagram: Gen-X and Millennials hang out primarily on Instagram, but there are some Boomers on there! 

Twitter: This platform gets left out of the conversation a lot, but there are tons of people engaged in sports, celebrities, and political content on Twitter. It is also a heavily male audience.  

TikTok: Don’t underestimate the power of TikTok! Many people have thought the TikTok audience was primarily teenagers that are too young to spend money. However, 40% of TikTok users are 39 and younger, while 20% of the users are ages 40-49. More and more people of all ages are engaging on TikTok and there is a huge opportunity for businesses on this platform. 

 

You aren’t utilizing ads

While these social platforms we’ve discussed today are considered free, you could be missing out on a huge audience of potential clients if you aren’t using the paid ads feature! 

Not to be confused with the “Boost” feature, Facebook Ads may be some of the most affordable advertising that is available to you and you don’t need an enormous budget to leverage them. Make sure you’re using Ads Manager on Facebook to get the most bang for your buck.

We hope this guide will help you if you aren’t getting your desired results out of social media. It can be tricky, especially with social platforms changing features everyday. However, if you evaluate the five factors we discussed today, you are sure to get better results out of your social media! 

If you want to learn more, listen to the full episode here or if you’re ready to let our team of experts handle your social media for you, contact us here.

No Comments

Post a Comment